Floral print is here to stay, and it’s not just in the form of pretty ditsy tea dresses. Instead, think a modern twist of vintage upholstery meets wildflower florals.
Floral prints are blossoming into much more than just a pretty pattern; they’re becoming slightly toughened up in the most classic, and elegant way possible. Here are some of my favourite pieces that ooze femininity:
1. Zara – the perfect autumn co-ord.
3. Urban Outfitters – add a statement to a casual daytime outfit by wearing this with a plain jumper tucked into some skinny jeans, flat boots, and a relaxed checked blazer. Or do the opposite and wear this for a special occasion with a floaty midi dress.
5. Zara – add a pop of colour to your outfit by tying it around the handle of your bag if you don’t fancy wearing a scarf.
7. Zara – not as high-rise as I would prefer, but I love the slightly flared, cropped fit. Wear these now with an oversized shirt. Or tuck in an unbuttoned fine knitted cardigan, and pair of heeled ankle boots for winter.
11. Zara – LOVE this! DVF vibes coming from the contrasting prints and fusion of clashing colours, without loosing its elegance through the wrap detailing and fluidity. Wear this with a pair of black heeled boots, throw on a leather jacket worn over your shoulders, and accessorise with a cross-body mini bag.
12. Zara – perhaps the only statement piece you need all season. Wish I could pull these off!
13. Zara – ‘robe dressing’ at its finest.
16. River Island